Monday, April 2, 2007

Core Values

In my "I Am Not Nice" post I explained the difference I see between a false appearance of decency and deeper qualities of character I strive for. The qualities I value in others and seek to develop and express in myself are the same qualities I seek to express in my career. They make up the core values of my practice. They are:

Integrity
Respect
Responsibility
Honesty
Justice
Humility
Compassion
Forgiveness
Mercy
Grace
Restoration
Kindness

I will give my view on each of these over the next few weeks.

The purpose of this blog will be to honor these values, but also to disclose my shortcomings when it comes to adhering to them. For starters, I don't feel very connected to any of these today, but at least I still want to be!

You are invited along to throw tomatoes or hiss and boo when I stumble.

Casting stones won't be very helpful to me, but iron sharpens iron, so harsh but helpful comments are welcome.

Still Searching for All Things Real,

Steve
The Evil Twin (who today is pretty dormant, can't work up a good rant, and only mildly dislikes a lot of things)

No comments: